Adriano Chiaretta

Skype 4.1: how to disable quotes during copy-paste ops

Don’t like getting the text wrapped up in quotes when copy-pasting portion of a conversation in the Skype imskype_get_rid_of_quotes_when_copy_pasting box?

Here’s how to disable this behaviour, and have Skype copy-paste work as it used to prior to version 4.

In the main skype window, visit Menu Tools -> Options -> IM & SMS

Press the button “Advanced Settings”

Select “Paste Message as Plain Text”

Close the options dialog by pressing Save. Voila’, you’re done.

19 Comments

  1. Hi – I don’t comment on many web sites but had to on yours. It’s really nice! I really like how you write – very to the point, unlike a lot of other blogs. Thanks for having this site. I’ll bookmark it and visit regularly. Keep up the outstanding work!

  2. Thanks a lot again- this makes things WAY easier. Would love an explanation from Skype as to why they chose to make Copy/Paste so difficult. I imagine about 5% of skype users actually get around to figuring out how to fix it, which leaves 95% unable to C/P.

  3. It worked ONCE. The next day after restarting the computer it didn’t work anymore.
    Skype is just totally broken.

  4. “Quote copied message” is a false default.
    SKYPE developers: please TURN THIS “Paste Message as Plain Text” OFF.
    It caused me countless emotional waves 🙁

  5. I meant ON, of course.

    “Quote copied message” is a false default.
    SKYPE developers: please TURN THIS “Paste Message as Plain Text” ON by default.
    It caused me countless emotional waves 🙁 🙁 🙁

  6. So, I’m having the opposite issue. I LOVED the quote system on skype. But when installing on my new computer it suddenly won’t let me quote anymore even with Ctrl + V I checked the setting you had here but it says quoting is on. Anyone know how to fix this? 😐

Leave a Comment